1.1 The Donkey Sanctuary Lottery (“The Lottery”) will be operated as a subscription based Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“The Act”) and is licensed by The Gambling Commission. Account number 9471.
1.2 The Lottery is promoted by The Donkey Sanctuary ('Promoter’) and conducted for the benefit of The Donkey Sanctuary. Registered Charity Number 264818.
1.3 The person responsible for the promotion of the Lottery is Marianne Steele.
1.4 By entering the Lottery, Members agree to be bound by these rules.
- “Act” The Gambling Act 2005
- “Lottery” The Donkey Sanctuary Lottery
- “Draw” The process by which winners are selected
- “Game Number” Means the number entered into the draw for each chance
- “Member” An individual who has registered with the Lottery
- “Rules” The rules of The Donkey Sanctuary Lottery as set out below and amended from time to time
- “Chance” The entry into the Lottery
- “External Lottery Management Company” Sterling Management Centre Ltd
3. ENTRY INTO THE LOTTERY
3.1 The Lottery is promoted in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) throughout Great Britain. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of Lottery Chances you will be required to confirm that:
- (a) You are at least 18 years of age – The Donkey Sanctuary actively discourages any people under the age of 18 yrs from engaging in any of its gambling operations.
- (b) You will not buy or claim to buy lottery chances on behalf of any other person.
- (c) You are resident in Great Britain only.
3.2 If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 3.1 (a) (b) and (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
3.3 In order to comply with the Act lottery chances that have been purchased and entered into the draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
3.4 By entering into the Lottery you agree to be bound by the Rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations made there under from time to time. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules. The Rules may be amended by The Promoter from time to time. Any changes to the Rules will be published on The Donkey Sanctuary lottery website win.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.
3.5 The Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the National Gambling helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the website on www.begambleaware.org
3.6 The maximum number of entries an individual will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is 10.
4. REGISTRATION WITH THE LOTTERY
4.1 You can only enter the Lottery by the completion of an application form, which will be published in a variety of forms from time to time.
4.2 Registration will require you to provide the following information:
- (a) Your name and address, so that we can write to you to confirm your entry into the lottery and contact you if you have won a prize.
- (b) Confirmation that you are 18 years of age.
- (c) The number of chances in the Lottery you wish to purchase.
4.3 You will also be asked to provide the following:
- (a) Your contact telephone number
- (b) Your date of birth
- (c) Your mobile phone number
- (d) Your email address
4.4 You will also be required to provide information relating to the purchase of your chances. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information will vary depending upon the payment method.
- (a) Direct Debit – Information required will include your bank or building society details together with an instruction to such bank or building society to make payments by Direct Debit.
- (b) Cheque – A completed cheque would be required when you register.
- (c) Debit Card – Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
- Please Note: Credit cards will not be accepted.
4.5 The Promoter shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your registration. The Promoter may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application for an individual to become a Member of the Lottery.
4.6 Following registration The Promoter will send you confirmation of your entry. If you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit you will receive an Advance Notification Letter. The confirmation will specify your Game Number and the first draw into which you will be entered and will confirm your name, address and any other details provided to The Promoter as part of your registration.
4.7 It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate.
4.8 If you discover any error in your name address or any other details provided to the Promoter as part of your registration when you receive your confirmation then you must correct this by notifying the Promoter in writing or by email. The Promoter will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such a correction has been made. Any correction notified to the Promoter shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
4.9 Each Game Number is unique. A randomly selected Game Number will be issued to you with your confirmation of entry. You may subsequently request an alternative Game Number if you wish at any time and this will be issued to you providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing Member.
5.1 Payment for Chances may be made by the following methods:
- (a) Direct Debit
- (b) Cheque
- (c) Debit Card
- (d) Any other method made available by the Promoter from time to time.
- Please Note: Credit cards will not be accepted.
5.2 Payment for Lottery Chances are processed by our External Lottery Management Company, Sterling Management Centre Ltd. Therefore:
- (a) Direct Debit payments will be referenced as Lottery TDS 123456 (the last six digits will show your lottery ticket number) on your bank statement.
- (b) Cheques must be made payable to The Donkey Sanctuary.
- (c) Debit Card payments will be referenced as Lottery Donkey Sanctuary on your card statement.
- (d) Any other method made available by the Promoter from time to time would also be referenced as or be payable to The Donkey Sanctuary on any appropriate documentation.
- (e) Your bank or card provider may also send you payment notification, which may reference our External Lottery Management Company, Sterling Management Centre Ltd.
5.3 The price for each Chance is £1.
5.4 Your Chances and therefore associated Game Number(s) will not be entered into the Draw unless the Promoter has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your Game Numbers relating to your Chances by the Promoter of the weeks/months draw. If there is a dispute regarding whether Chances have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the Lottery’s bank accounts operate.
- (a) Direct Debit payments will be entered into the first available draw 3 working days after the collection has been made from your bank account. You will be notified of your first draw date in writing.
5.5 You may cancel your entry into the Lottery by notifying the Promoter in writing or by email (or via any other methods specified by the Promoter from time to time). Upon receipt of this notice the Promoter will;
- (a) Cancel future Direct Debit payments as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- (b) In accordance with the Act and as described in Rule 3.3 any payments made prior to such a cancellation taking effect but which have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws will be used to pay for entry for your Chances into future Draws.
5.6 The Promoter may cancel your entry into the Lottery (in its absolute discretion) at any time. The Promoter will notify you accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable and will reimburse any amounts which have been paid but relate to future Draws. Other than the reimbursement of any such amounts, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you in relation to such cancellation.
5.7 All customer funds for use in future lottery entries paid to the Lottery are held in trustee status to maintain a separation from the Promoters own trading income to protect those funds in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirement for the segregation of customer funds at the level: medium.protection: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Your-rights/Protection-of-customer-funds.aspx
6. CHANGES TO MEMBERS DETAILS
6.1 Any changes to your details as provided by you upon registration should be notified to the Promoter in writing or by email. Changes to the bank or building society specified during registration will require the completion of a new Direct Debit Instruction. Further information regarding this can be obtained from the Promoter upon request.
7.1 The Draw will be run at our External Lottery Management Company’s Offices to be held weekly on a Friday. If the Friday falls on a bank holiday, the draw will take place on the Thursday before or the next most convenient working day.
7.2 The Draw will be determined by means of an industry standard random number generator.
7.3 In order to comply with the Act only those Chances for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw.
7.4 Once a year on the last Friday of January the weekly draw will become a Superdraw.
7.5 The cut-off date is the last possible day that entries can be entered into the Superdraw and that date will be communicated 1 month in advance on the Lottery website; win.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk
8.1 The prizes for The Donkey Sanctuary Weekly Lottery are as follows:
- (a) First Prize £1000
- (b) Second Prize £250
- (c) Third Prize £100
- (d) Fourth Prize 30 x £5 prizes
8.2 The prizes for The Donkey Sanctuary Superdraw are as follows:
- (a) First Prize £5000
- (b) Second Prize £500
- (c) Third Prize £250
- (d) Fourth prize 200 x £5 prizes
8.3 The prizes for The Donkey Sanctuary Weekly Lottery and Superdraw are also printed on the marketing and promotional materials provided and are advertised on The Donkey Sanctuary Website (win.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk). There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 7 days of the draw taking place.
8.4 The Promoter reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time. Any such changes will be published on The Donkey Sanctuary Weekly Lottery website at least one month prior to a change being made.
8.5 Each Game Number shall only be entitled to win one prize in one Draw.
8.6 The winning numbers of each Draw will be published on the Lottery website (win.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk) within 7 days of the date of the draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by the Promoter from time to time.
8.7 Winners will be notified by post within 7 days of the date of the draw. Such notification will include a cheque to the value of the prize won made payable to the Member.
8.8 The promoter reserves the right to withhold the payment of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the Member who has won the prize has fully complied with the Rules.
8.9 If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 3.1 (a) (b) and (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
8.10 Any unclaimed prizes will be re-credited to the Promoters main account and be treated as a donation after a period of 6 months has elapsed.
8.11 From time to time the prize may also be issued via direct credit to the value of the prize won, made payable to the Member.
8.12 By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and the Promoter reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
9. SUSPENSION OF THE LOTTERY
9.1 The Promoter may (at its absolute discretion) suspend the Lottery for any period of time. During such period, the Promoter shall:
- (a) Suspend Direct Debit payments from your bank or building society account as soon as reasonably practicable, and;
- (b) Retain any amounts which were not paid prior to such suspension taking effect that have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws.
9.2 You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the Lottery or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of the suspension in writing.
10.1 The Promoter shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- (a) Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the Promoter or you from time to time.
- (b) Any delays or failures in any systems used by the Promoter or you to transmit emails.
- (c) Any failure in any software or other systems used by the Promoter for the administration of the Lottery.
- (d) Any delays of failures in the banking system used by the Promoter or you.
- (e) Any refusal by the Promoter to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a Member by the Promoter.
- (f) Any failure to enter your Chance into the Draw.
- (g) Any event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
10.2 The Promoter shall not be liable to you in contract, for, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize).
11.1 Should you feel that you have issues with gambling and wish to be self-excluded from our Lottery, you can download and complete a self-exclusion form. Alternatively, you can phone our Lottery helpline number on 0330 123 9820. Upon request, a self-exclusion form can also be sent via post for your completion.
11.2 There is a minimum period of 6 months self-exclusion.
11.3 We will not target you with any marketing material during the self-exclusion period and will remove your name and details from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
11.4 You will need to contact us after your period of self-exclusion to re-instate your membership of the Lottery.
11.5 If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then please contact BeGambleAware,
11.6 BeGambleAware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. BeGambleAware can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone) or by visiting the BeGambleAware website.
12.1 Every complaint will be taken seriously and fully considered by The Donkey Sanctuary in order that a satisfactory resolution can be achieved.
Any complaints regarding the lottery can be made directly to The Donkey Sanctuary’s Lottery team by contacting the Lottery helpline on 0330 123 9820 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to The Donkey Sanctuary Weekly Lottery, Furness Gate, Furness Business Park, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2PE.
12.2 We will acknowledge your complaint and provide an initial response within 10 working days of receiving it. While we expect to be able to resolve most complaints within this timeframe, if we need to conduct a more detailed investigation, we will aim to provide you with a full response within 20 working days. If we are unable to meet that deadline due to exceptional circumstances, we will of course let you know.
12.3 If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, and in line with Gambling Commission regulations, the matter can be referred to an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) entity. We use IBAS (Independent Betting Adjudication Service) for this purpose (www.ibas-uk.com). IBAS acts as an impartial dispute resolution service between gambling operators and their customers.
Independent Betting Adjudication ServicePO Box 62639 LONDON EC3P 3AS
Telephone: 0207 347 5883E-mail: email@example.com
The outcome of IBAS dispute resolution will be reported to the Gambling Commission.
12.4 The promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall be final and binding.
12.5 Save where the Rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
13.1 The Promoter is committed to protecting your privacy. Data that we collect from you is used lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and is used solely for the purpose of processing your purchase of Lottery chances, subsequent entry into the Lottery, and informing you if you have won a prize.
13.3 The Promoter will not sell, rent or grant access to any of the personal data we collect about you to any third parties without your express prior permission.
13.4 The Promoter may share aggregated information to third parties. This will not contain personal information that can identify any individual person.
13.5 The Promoter may be obliged to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, for example to statutory bodies such as the Gambling Commission or other government bodies.
14. PROPER LAW AND JURISDICTION
14.1 The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules and the Promoter and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. CONTACT US
15.1 All Lottery correspondence should be sent to the following address:
The Donkey Sanctuary Weekly LotterySterling Management Centre LtdFurness GateFurness Business ParkBarrow-In-Furness Cumbria LA14 2PE
15.2 The Lottery helpline number is 0330 123 9820 and dedicated lottery email address is firstname.lastname@example.org